Today, teaching and learning never stops. Eliminate downtime — and breathe a sigh of relief — with the SaaS (Software as a Service) deployment for Learn. Provide your students and educators with the latest enhancements as soon as they become available—no upgrades needed. Plus, have the option to enable the Ultra experience characterized by simplified workflows, a modern look and feel, and a fully responsive interface.
SaaS Deployment. Minimize Downtime, Maximize Learning.
How Do I Make the Move to SaaS?
We make the move to SaaS simple and seamless for you. With over 800 SaaS clients to date, the path to SaaS is clear.
Join a SaaS Planning Workshop
Ready to start planning your move to SaaS? Our free SaaS Planning Workshop will provide you with step by step guidance as well as the resources needed to plan a successful migration. You will have direct access to our product experts as well as peers moving along a similar path, to ensure all your questions are answered.
Schedule your Transition to SaaS
Interested in scheduling your move to SaaS? Our team is prepared to help. Just provide us a few details and our team will be in contact with the next steps. You’ll soon be on your way.
Consider the Ultra Base Navigation
More and more institutions are choosing to enable the Ultra Base Navigation when they migrate to SaaS to provide a more engaging, efficient, and enjoyable experience for their students and instructors - without having to change their courses! Students and instructors can continue using the Original courses they are using today, while benefiting from a more modern, personalized, and intuitive experience navigating Learn.
Over 800 Learn clients across 49 countries are benefiting from SaaS deployment
Looking for one on one support, guidance, or training to address your unique needs?
What’s New in Learn Ultra?
When is the last time you looked at Learn Ultra? It’s time to take another look. Check out the latest additions.
July 2020 Release
Administrators, you’re going to love the new support panel released this month. But we didn’t stop there. Read more about Learn's new system permissions, enhancements to course discussions, and more.
The Learn SaaS release v3800.13.0 was released to production environments on July 2, 2020.
Ultra Base Navigation & Ultra Course View:
- Administrator support panel – It's now even easier for administrators to find self-help resources while in Learn Ultra. Just select the help icon in the lower-right corner to access this new support panel that provides quick links to Blackboard Help, Behind the Blackboard links and more.
- System permissions for brands – With this release, we’ve added two new system permissions—View Ultra Settings and Change Ultra Settings—to allow more granular access to certain areas of the Admin Panel.
- API updates - We’ve added the ability to provide public APIs to Read Institutional Hierarchy Nodes, and APIs to access and manage user avatars.
Ultra Course View:
- Course Discussion improvements – To further simplify workflows, instructors can now decide if they want students to generate their own discussions or not. By default, students won’t be able to create discussions. When students are allowed to create discussions, a label appears under discussion titles to show they were student-created. Additionally, the grader role now requires permission from the administrator to modify a discussion, and students are able to delete their discussions given no one else has responded.
- Bb Annotate for inline grading – This month completes our phased release of Bb Annotate for Inline Assignment Grading. Bb Annotate offers a robust feature set including a sidebar summary view, freehand drawing tools, and various color selections. It replaces the New Box View integration in both Original and Ultra Course Views. To find out more, visit the Bb Annotate Communication & Adoption Toolkit and the Bb Annotate release plan.
View all the details in the Learn SaaS release notes.