Designed with a modern, intuitive, personalized interface, Blackboard Learn™ with the Ultra experience (Learn Ultra) engages your students and eases the burden on you. With timesaving tools and a streamlined design, it's never been easier to teach and learn on any device.
Learn Ultra Tutorial Videos
See for yourself what you can look forward to with Learn Ultra.
What's New in Learn Ultra?
When was the last time you looked at Learn Ultra? It’s time to take another look. Check out the latest additions.
September 2020 Release
Helping instructors save time and reinforcing academic integrity are the key highlights of this release. Instructors can now create automated test question feedback, send course announcements via email, view grades using the student list view, create password protected assessments, and much more.
The Learn SaaS release v3800.17.0 was released to production environments on September 3, 2020.
Ultra Experience (Ultra Base Navigation & Ultra Course View)
- API updates: With this release, the public assignment APIs to support SafeAssign options were enhanced. The ability to create, update or delete Institutional Hierarchy node associations between courses and Institutional Hierarchy nodes has also been added.
Ultra Course View
- Automated test question feedback – Instructors can save time with our new automated feedback comments. When creating questions, instructors can enter feedback for correct and incorrect answers on auto-graded question types such as True/False. Students will automatically receive the feedback when they submit the assessment.
- Password protected assessments – Academic integrity is one of the important pillars for any institutions teaching and learning practice. Instructors can now add a system-generated password to assessments in the Ultra Course View, better safeguarding and minimizing unauthorized access. Students can access passcode protected assessments using Blackboard Learn Ultra or the Blackboard app.
- H5P added – H5P has been added to list of supported embedded media in the text editor.
- Send course announcements by email – To increase the chance of students receiving important course announcements, and to provide instructors with the assurance that their announcements are reaching as many students as possible, Ultra Course Announcements can now be sent by email.
- Student list view in the grade book – In response to client feedback, we’ve added this additional Student List View to the gradebook. Using this new view improves gradebook performance in courses with very large enrollment numbers. In the Student List View tab, instructors can see rows for each student in addition to a tab with rows for gradebook items.
View all the details in the Learn SaaS release notes.